Age Group: 2.6 years – 3.6 years
The MI KIDS Pre Fundamentals curriculum ensures the strongest foundation for future learning within a safe environment where every child can feel valued, confident and independent.
Our curriculum involves 6 new learning objectives each week, that are met through group and individual experiential learning activities and play. Children have the freedom to choose from writing centers, reading and math centers, dramatic play, block areas, art activities and motor activities.
Our rich classroom environment focuses on literacy skills and well known children's books make the perfect springboard for exciting activities. At this stage we also introduce children to computers as a fun medium for learning.
Long term projects are steadily integrated into the curriculum. The outdoors gradually becomes an extension of the indoors in learning. Lessons are designed based on learning objectives and carefully developed monthly themes.
We provide an academically rich, developmentally appropriate environment to stimulate and enhance growth.
Specific Features of this Programme:
• Express themselves freely and confidently
• Develop knowledge of letters and small words
• Rich vocabulary building exercises and improvement of speech clarity
• Train children to decode words and help them to attempt reading
• Develop interest in books
• Develop ability to think and reason logically
• Recognize patterns, interpretations, number symbols and number values
• Develop basic mathematical vocabulary
• Develop coordination and control of body movements
• Make simple hypothesis and carry out experiments
• Engage in pretend play